i found a list awhile ago called “how to feel miserable as an artist”… but i think it can apply to to any aspect of life. so here is an edited version of that list that i’m going to tape to my wall/mirror/forehead until it sinks in.
1. constantly compare yourself to others
2. talk to your family about what you do/want to do and expect them to cheer you on.
3. base the success of your life on one single aspect of life
4. stick with what you know
5. undervalue yourself
6. let money dictate what you do
7. give in to society’s pressures
8. only do things that you know other people will love
9. always do what other people expect of you
10. set unachievable goals that must be accomplished immediately.
photo by me
2 thoughts on “how to feel miserable”
this is such a true list, I wish it was so easy to be happy if we just did the opposite…
that is a VERY good list. i find myself practicing those things a little too regularly. :/